Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Summer Garden

I didn't really mean to start another blanket. I promise! 
One warm and breezy afternoon, I was piddling around the yard
pulling weeds, watering, fertilizing,
minding my own business, surrounded by this...
 
 
 

and all of this...
 


 
(I love my little cracked pots.)

and this...


 

 




And all of the sudden, I have my hook and yarn 
and three-round granny squares are flying off my hook
 into a little basket.
 
I must say I am enjoying myself tremendously...

 

This is my progress after only a week...

It is a surprisingly quick make,

 

This is why I don't try to take pictures when he is around!

 
It is a color overload
But I know this winter it will brighten
up all those cold, gray days.
 

 
 
Linking up with...




 







 



9 comments:

  1. Hopping over from the Yarn Along.

    Lovely blanket (and flowers!) - so cheerful! Makes me want to get back to my own long-neglected granny-square blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous blanket, I want one! The flowers in your yard are beautiful I can see why you were inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are all beautiful, and what wonderful inspiration for your blanket! You are such a fast and great crocheter! I look forward to seeing how it progresses. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least this riot of colour will stay with you through the year.
    Enjoy the simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colours and all that in a week!! Well done and it will definitely brighten a winter's evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are beautiful!! Real and crocheted :) My little "helper" does much the same when trying to take photographs. Cant wait to see your finished blanket… so colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful garden and lovely blanket. Can't beat granny squares for colour injection! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gardening, as a hobby, truly pays off, once you realize that you are surrounded by sheer beauty and harmony of the summer blooms. Your plants are gorgeous, which is a testament of how well you take care of them. Thank you so much for sharing your plants with us. All the best to you!

    Bethel Woodard @ Sollecito

    ReplyDelete