Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Nanny McPhee Ta-Dah!!

Well here it is in all its glory!
My Nanny McPhee blanket is finished at last!



I love it.  And I love that it is going off to live in
 Alex's dorm room.  It makes me so happy to know
that for the next few months (until Spring) it will be
keeping my baby boy warm.
 


I was going to do a fancy-smanchy stripey border,
but after two rows, I decided it was all too much
So just round and round until I was almost completely out of yarn.


Someone was feeling a bit left out...


Moss Green, Gold, Pumpkin, Plum, Pistachio,
Forest Heather, Autumn Red, Wheat, Peacock
I think I used 20 different colors, but some only made an appearance a couple of times. 
This turned out to be a great stash-busting blanket.

 
150 - 4 round granny squares


This is what I found as I was getting ready to leave for work.  I kept calling her name but she wouldn't come...Apparently this blanket has magical sleep powers!
 
 

Linking up with:
Rachel



12 comments:

  1. This looks great Robbie. I am sure it will keep your son warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Robbie. I am sure it will keep your son warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really pretty afghan! I love the stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I am not surprised to see a wee dog asleep on it, I bet it's really warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful, so full of colour. It must feel really nice to send your boy off with such a warm and cosy blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I have just learned how to make granny squares. They are addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Great work! I love a bright granny square blanket. :-)

    Thank you for linking up at The Yarn Fanatic Party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! your blanket was one of the most clicked links in February's stash link party, thank you for inking. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi is there a full of the blanket in the movie

    ReplyDelete